When it comes time to sell your property, there are a few tried and true tricks you can do to increase the odds of a quick sale while keeping full value.
- Curb Appeal – First impressions are very important when selling a house. If it’s positive, then the buyer will maintain a positive attitude while looking inside. If negative, then the buyer will be discouraged and ready to move on. Pull weeds, mow the lawn, and take care of any painting.
- Keep it clean – Make sure the floors are mopped and shampooed. Dust and polish wood textures. Clean glass and mirrors. Pick up clutter and keep everything organized and where it belongs.
- Neutral colors – If you have bright colors in your house, take a little effort now and paint them with earth tones. Buyers want to be able to see their furniture in the house. With bright colors that might not appeal to them, it is difficult to do. And they will see the bright colors as more work to do by having to repaint.
- Depersonalize – Take away all of the picture frames, magnets on the refrigerator, and posters in the kids rooms. The house should look lived in but not cluttered. There is a fine line between the two.
- Clean the closets – When you show a house, the buyers WILL look in the closet. Don’t have any surprises for them. Clean out your closets and keep them organized.
- Spice it up – Try baking some cookies right before showing your house. Or burn scented candles around the house. The house should smell fresh and clean.
- Staging your home – Rearrange your furniture if you need, open the blinds or curtains and let in natural light, buy some accent pieces to replace picture frames, and put a nice centerpiece on you dining room table.
Prior to listing your home, hire a handyman to come in and inspect your home. The little things he can find to fix will add up. Things like leaky faucets, door hinges that won’t close all the way, light fixtures that don’t work. If he found things to fix, the buyers will, too. Better to take care of it now. The cost of fixing up your house before you list it will let you keep the maximum value when you close.
If you want to find out what is the current value of your house, there are some estate agents that can provide you with a free market appraisal. Anscombes and Ringland estate agents in Northwoodcan provide you with prices for the similar properties to your house. Moreover, you can find houses for sale in Stanmore, Londonon A&R website.